RentMyAnything.Com Terms of Service
Thank you for using RentMyAnything.Com.
Please carefully read these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service explain your legal rights and obligations. By using the RentMyAnything.Com platform, whether as a visitor or a user, you agree to comply and be bound by these Terms of Service (“Terms”). When you list products and services for rent as an “Owner/Seller” you agree to comply with the Owner/Sellers’ Rules, and when you rent products and services from an Owner/Seller as a “Renter/Buyer” you agree to comply to the Renter/Buyers’ Rules.
These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding agreement between you and RentMyAnything.Com LLC which provides access to the RentMyAnything.Com platform which includes the website and any smart device applications and all associated services, collectively referred to hereafter as “RentMyAnything.Com,” “us,” “our,” “we.”
Table of Contents
- Description of RentMyAnything.Com Services
- Use of the RentMyAnything.Com Platform, and Eligibility
- Modification of Terms of Service
- Posted Content on the RentMyAnything.Com Service
- Right of RentMyAnything.Com to Remove from the RentMyAnything.Com Platform
- Fees and Commission
- Canceling Transactions or Listings
- Review and Ratings
- General Liability
- RentMyAnything.Com Guarantee
- Personal Information and Privacy
- Third-Party Rights
- Renter/Buyer Rules
- Owner/Seller Rules
1. Description of RentMyAnything.Com Services
- RentMyAnything.Com is an online platform that allows registered customers (“Owner/Sellers”) to list products available for rent or sale from/to other registered customers (“Renter/Buyers”).
- RentMyAnything.Com is only an intermediary of any transaction between Owner/Sellers and Renter/Buyers for the rental or purchase of items and services on the RentMyAnything.Com platform. When an Owner/Seller rents a product or service to a Renter/Buyer, they are entering into a contract directly with each other, not with RentMyAnything.Com.
- RentMyAnything.Com cannot be held responsible for, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, excludes liability for, the conduct of uses of RentMyAnything.Com.
- RentMyAnything.Com will help facilitate dispute resolution. RentMyAnything.Com cannot guarantee the truth, accuracy, safety, existence or legality of any product or service listed for rent. Identity verification is not an endorsement of an Owner/Seller’s products or an endorsement of a Renter/Buyer. RentMyAnything.Com does not endorse or guarantee products for rent on the platform. Customers should exercise diligence when renting a product or services on RentMyAnything.Com.
- If the Owner/Seller or the Renter/Buyer do not comply with the Terms of Service, RentMyAnything.Com has the right to remove listings, and/or cancel any transactions with written notice.
- When you, as an Owner/Seller, rent an item or provide a service to a Renter/Buyer, you promise to comply to the Owner/Sellers’ Rules and Terms of Service, and you acknowledge that you are entering into a direct contract with the Renter/Buyer and not a contract with RentMyAnything.Com.
- As an Owner/Seller you acknowledge that the Renter/Buyer is not representing or controlled by RentMyAnything.Com. You agree that RentMyAnything.Com is not responsible for any liability or loss suffered in relation to any act or omission by the Renter/Buyer.
- As an Owner/Seller, you agree to comply with the Owner/Sellers’ Rules. You are fully liable for any non-compliance with the Owner/Sellers’ Rules and will be responsible for any compensation for the Borrower in respect to any non-compliance. This includes making sure the product listed for rent matches the description on the platform. You acknowledge that RentMyAnything.Com is not responsible for (i) your compliance with the Owner/Sellers’ Rules; (ii) any compensation to the Renter/Buyer for a breach of your rental agreement in any way; or (iii) any obligation to underwrite your liability you may have for non-compliance.
- You as a Renter/Buyer agree that when you rent an item of service from an Owner/Seller on RentMyAnything.Com, you agree to comply to the Renter/Buyers’ Rules and Terms of Service, and you acknowledge that you entering into a direct contract with the Renter/Buyer and not a contract with RentMyAnything.Com.
- As a Renter/Buyer, you acknowledge that the Owner/Seller is not representing or controlled by RentMyAnything.Com. You agree that RentMyAnything.Com is not responsible for any liability or loss suffered in relation to any act or omission by the Owner/Seller.
- As a Renter/Buyer, you agree to comply with the Renter/Buyers’ Rules. You are fully liable for any non-compliance with the Renter/Buyers’ Rules and will be responsible for any compensation to the Owner/Seller in respect to any non-compliance. This includes the loss or damage of the product you have rented. You acknowledge that RentMyAnything.Com is not responsible for (i) your compliance with the Renter/Buyers’ Rules; (ii) any compensation to the Owner/Seller for a breach of your rental agreement in any way; or (iii) any obligation to underwrite your liability you may have for non-compliance.
2. Use of the RentMyAnything.Com Platform, and Eligibility
As a RentMyAnything.Com user:
- You must provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process and keep your RentMyAnything.Com Account and public profile page information up to date at all times.
- You must be at least 18 years old and able to enter into legally binding contracts to access and use the RentMyAnything.Com Platform or register a RentMyAnything.Com Account. By accessing or using RentMyAnything.Com you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older and have the legal capacity and authority to enter into a contract.
- You may not register more than one (1) RentMyAnything.Com Account unless we authorize you to do so. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your RentMyAnything.Com Account to another party.
- You agree to keep your login details secure and use a strong unique password. RentMyAnything.Com will not be responsible for any losses suffered by you as a result of your account being used by someone else, unless this circumstance was caused by our negligence.
- As a condition of using the RentMyAnything.Com Platform you will not breach the Owner/Sellers’ Rules when acting as an Owner/Seller nor breach any of the Terms of Service.
- As a condition of using the RentMyAnything.Com Platform you will not breach the Renter/Buyers’ Rules when acting as a Renter/Buyer nor breach any of the Terms of Service.
- You agree not to post anything that is obscene, inappropriate or indecent.
- You agree not post anything abusive, threatening or defamatory.
- You agree not to post any misleading or false material or use RentMyAnything.Com to intentionally deceive others.
- You agree not to distribute spam, third-party promotions, or chain letters.
- You agree not to infringe on the rights of any third party.
- You agree not to distribute any technologies, like viruses, that may harm RentMyAnything.Com or the interests of RentMyAnything.Com customers.
- You agree not to decompile, disassemble, create derivative works or reverse engineer based on the whole or any part of the RentMyAnything.Com Platform.
- You agree not to modify, distribute, or copy any other persons’ content without their consent.
- You agree not to use any automated or unautomated means (robot, spider, scraper, etc.) to access and/or collect content on the RentMyAnything.Com platform without the express written permission of RentMyAnything.Com.
- You agree not to interfere with the proper working of RentMyAnything.Com, including imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure.
- You agree not to collect data or information (email, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) about other users without their consent.
- You agree not to list and counterfeit items that could otherwise violate copyright, trademark, or other third-party rights.
- You agree not to modify, copy, or distribute content or rights from the RentMyAnything.Com platform or applications of tools from RentMyAnything.Com’s copyrights and trademarks.
- You agree not to republish, download, copy, record, broadcast, transmit, commercially exploit, post, communicate to the public, edit, or distribute in any way web pages, services, or materials on the RentMyAnything.Com platform or the coding of elements comprising RentMyAnything.Com for anything other than your own personal use.
- You agree not to bypass security measures to prevent or restrict access to RentMyAnything.Com.
- You agree to compensate and defend RentMyAnything.Com against legal proceeding or claims as a result of your breach in these Terms.
- You acknowledge that your use of RentMyAnything.Com grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use RentMyAnything.Com and grants you no rights or any of the intellectual property rights owned by RentMyAnything.Com other than the right to use RentMyAnything.Com in accordance to the Terms of Service.
- You can choose to stop using RentMyAnything.Com anytime. To deactivate your account please contact RentMyAnything.Com at RentMyAnything.Com.com
3. Modification of Terms of Service
RentMyAnything.Com reserves the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time. If we change these Terms, we will post the revised Terms on the RentMyAnything.Com platform and give customers reasonable notice of the changes to your RentMyAnything.Com services. If you do not agree to the updated Terms, customers can end their use of RentMyAnything.Com at any time. Continued use of RentMyAnything.Com after the new Terms become effective is an agreement of the updated Terms of Service.
4. Posted Content on the RentMyAnything.Com Service
- You agree to be responsible for anything you submit to RentMyAnything.Com (“Your Content”). You agree to only submit content that you have all the rights for, and you will not infringe on the rights of any third party (including intellectual property rights).
- When you post Your Content, you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable right to exercise any and all design, copyright, trademark, database and intellectual property rights to that content.
- When you post Your Content, you waive your right to the fullest extent permitted by law to be identified as the author of Your Content.
5. Right of RentMyAnything.Com to Remove from the RentMyAnything.Com Platform
- If you have breached any of these terms or:
- You have engaged in improper or fraudulent activity, or your actions my cause financial loss or legal liability to RentMyAnything.Com or its customers.
- You have been undertaking Fee Avoidance.
- Your products or services listed are inaccurate or incorrect.
- Your behavior is incongruent with RentMyAnything.Com or our policies (including, but not limited to, harassment of customers and/or RentMyAnything.Com oyees, and circumventing suspensions)
- If it is required by applicable law to protect the interest of other customers of RentMyAnything.Com.
- RentMyAnything.Com reserves the right to:
- Immediately remove content from RentMyAnything.Com.
- Temporarily or indefinitely prevent you from adding further content to RentMyAnything.Com.
- Cancel a booking request.
- Cancel a rental offer.
- Prohibit you from accessing RentMyAnything.Com.
6. Fees and Commission
- As an Owner/Seller, on each booking you agree to pay RentMyAnything.Com a 20% commission on the rental fee (“Owner/Seller Commission”).
- As a Renter/Buyer, on each booking you agree to pay RentMyAnything.Com 0% of the Rental Fee (“Renter/Buyer Commission”), (together “Total Commission”).
- For the Renter/Buyer, when your request to book a product or a service is approved by the Owner/Seller, you will be charged the Rental Fee (the “Rental Fee” is the daily rate you have agreed to pay to rent the item or service multiplied by the number of days you have booked the item).
- For the Owner/Seller, you will receive the Owner/Seller Fee (the “Owner/Seller Fee” means the rental fee less the Owner/Seller Commission) 24 hours after the scheduled start of the rental.
- You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for payment of applicable taxes (if any) owed by you pursuant to your use of RentMyAnything.Com.
- Our fees are payable in US dollars.
- Our fees may change. We will notify you of changes to our fee policy by email, to the address registered to your account in addition to posting the change on the RentMyAnything.Com platform.
- We may have promotions or new services that will result in temporary fee changes. These changes go in effect when we announce the promotion or new event by posting on RentMyAnything.Com. Additionally, we will send an email to your registered email account.
- You agree that when you contact a person through RentMyAnything.Com, you shall not complete a transaction through any other means than RentMyAnything.Com. Further, you agree not to engage in any other practice that may lower or avoid the amount of Total Commission that would otherwise have been payable had the transaction been completed using RentMyAnything.Com ("Fee Avoidance"). In the event you engage in any Fee Avoidance, you shall hold harmless and indemnify RentMyAnything.Com in respect of any losses suffered by RentMyAnything.Com as a result of such Fee Avoidance. If you attempt to engage in a rental of a product or a service with a person you met through RentMyAnything.Com that does not use the RentMyAnything.Com platform, you are liable to pay a fine of up to $200 as a penalty for doing so, regardless of whether your attempts are successful or not. Further, we have the right to suspend your account permanently or temporarily.
- Payments made through RentMyAnything.Com are processed through the payment processing platforms Stripe. Please read their full terms and conditions here: Stripe,.
- Payment processing for Owner/Sellers on RentMyAnything.Com are subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement, which includes the Stripe Terms of Service (collectively, the "Stripe Services Agreement"). By operating as an Owner/Seller on the RentMyAnything.Com platform you agree to the Stripe Services Agreement. Stripe Terms may be modified by Stripe. You agree to provide RentMyAnything.Com accurate and complete information about you and your business, as a condition of RentMyAnything.Com enabling payment processing services through Stripe. You authorize RentMyAnything.Com to share your information and transaction information related to your use of the payment processing services provided by Stripe.
7. Canceling Transactions or Listings
- As the Renter/Buyer, you can cancel a booking request for a product or service without any charge or penalty any time prior to such request being confirmed by the Owner/Seller.
- As the Renter/Buyer, you can cancel a Confirmed Booking at any time pursuant to the Booking Cancellation Policy agreed to on when the product or service was booked, and RentMyAnything.Com will refund the amount of the Total Fees due to the Renter/Buyer in accordance with such cancellation policy. Unless extenuating circumstances exist, any portion of the Owner/Seller Fee due to the Owner/Seller under the applicable cancellation policy will be remitted to the Owner/Seller by RentMyAnything.Com pursuant to the Payment Terms.
- Notwithstanding sections 7.1 and 7.2 above as the Renter/Buyer, if you cancel a Confirmed Booking you shall not receive a refund for the Total Fees charged to you.
- As the Owner/Seller, you can cancel a booking request for a product or service without any charge or penalty any time prior to confirming the request.
- As the Owner/Seller, you can cancel a Confirmed Booking up to 72 hours before the Rental Period with no penalty.
- Notwithstanding sections 7.4 and 7.5 above if, as the Owner/Seller, you cancel a Confirmed Booking within the 72 hours of the start of the Rental Period, you shall be liable to pay a cancellation charge of 30% of the Rental Fees to RentMyAnything.Com.
- If the Owner/Seller cancels anytime for any reason, the Renter/Buyer will be refunded the Total Fees.
8. Review and Ratings
- After completing a transaction, Owner/Sellers and Renter/Buyers can leave a public review (“Review”) and submit a star rating (“Rating”) about each other. Ratings and Reviews are not verified by RentMyAnything.Com for accuracy and may be incorrect or misleading. Ratings or Reviews reflect the opinions of individual customers and do not reflect the opinion of RentMyAnything.Com.
- Ratings and Reviews by Owner/Sellers and Renter/Buyers must be accurate and may not contain any offensive or defamatory language.
- Rating and Reviews will not contain private information, advertising, or spam.
- Renter/Buyers and Owner/Sellers are prohibited from manipulating the Ratings and Reviews system in any manner, such as but not limited to, bribery, extortion, intimidation or instructing a third party to write a positive or negative Review about another RentMyAnything.Com user.
- Ratings and Reviews are part of a RentMyAnything.Com customer’s public profile and may also be surfaced elsewhere on RentMyAnything.Com listings or bookings, number of cancellations, average response time and other information.
9. General Liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit your liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for personal injury or death as a result of your negligence.
- As the Renter/Buyer, when you book a product for rent you agree to have sufficient funds available to you to replace the product if you damage or lose the product.
- As the Renter/Buyer, you assume all personal liability of the rental. We recommend that you ensure the products are in proper working condition.
- As the Owner/Seller, when you list a product or service for rent on RentMyAnything.Com, you must give a complete and accurate description of the product or service and details of its condition, including what is included with the product.
- If you, the Renter/Buyer return a rented product after the “Return Deadline” (as defined in Renter/Buyer’s Rules), we reserve the right to charge you up to twice the Total fees for each additional day that product is returned past the Return Deadline. We reserve the right to take this money from your account without seeking permission from you.
- If you, the Renter/Buyer do not return the item within 7 days of the return deadline, or if we reasonably believe you have caused damage to the product you rented, we reserve the right to take money up to the Estimated Value of the product from your account without seeking further permission from you.
- If you refuse to pay for any damage caused, or refuse to pay any amount owed to RentMyAnything.Com or a RentMyAnything.Com customer within the timeframe given to you by RentMyAnything.Com, we reserve the right to use the services of debt collectors to pursue what is owed on your behalf. You agree that the cost of the debt collectors’ services will be added to your debt that they are collecting from you.
10. RentMyAnything.Com Guarantee
- WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED. We provide a $2000 guarantee for each item rented. This means that if the Renter/Buyer refuses, or otherwise does not cover any damages incurred or loss of items. RentMyAnything.Com will cover the costs up to $2000 of the cost of the item and legally pursue them internally.
- Note: there is no insurance for personal liability, that is the responsibility of the Renter/Buyer.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit liability of RentMyAnything.Com for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for personal injury or death as a result of the negligence of RentMyAnything.Com, its agents or employees.
- You have certain legal rights under the law. You have legal options if we breach these Terms. These Terms are not intended to affect the legal rights to which you are entitled. For more information, contact a legal professional.
- RentMyAnything.Com acts as an intermediary to facilitate two parties to enter into a transaction through the RentMyAnything.Com service. RentMyAnything.Com accepts no liability for the actions of either party (the Owner/Seller or Lender) nor any third party related to any such transaction.
- RentMyAnything.Com is not responsible for any losses incurred by you that are not a result of our breach of Terms. This includes indirect losses which are a side effect of a main loss and are not reasonably foreseen when entering into this agreement (i.e. loss of opportunity).
- RentMyAnything.Com is not responsible for Your Content to the extent that it is unlawful, abusive, obscene, threatening or indecent or otherwise infringes upon or violates the right of any other persons, including, without limitation, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable law.
- We are not responsible to provide the RentMyAnything.Com service or to meet our obligations under these Terms where such failure is due to “Events Out of Our Control” (meaning any event we cannot control including, but not limited to fire, flood, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, terrorist activity, or any disaster).
11. Personal Information and Privacy
- You agree to receive marketing communication from RentMyAnything.Com via email unless you opt out of such communications.
- You agree that RentMyAnything.Com can use your personal information that you provide us, to verify your identity or perform anti-money laundering checks.
12. Third-Party Rights
A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement, but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- You release RentMyAnything.Com from any and all claims, damages, and demands of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with disputes that you may have with another RentMyAnything.Com customer.
- RentMyAnything.Com will use reasonable efforts to resolve disputes between Owner/Sellers and Renter/Buyers. We may choose to deduct monies up to the Estimated Value of the disputed product from the account of the Renter/Buyer following any loss or damage of rented product.
- If a dispute arises between you and RentMyAnything.Com that we cannot resolve to your satisfaction, it is your legal right to take court proceeding against us.
- If you breach the Terms of Service and RentMyAnything.Com takes no action against you, we reserve the right to take action at a later date.
- We reserve the right to transfer our rights under the Terms to any third party without having your consent (including any related claims).
- Your rights to use the RentMyAnything.Com platform is subject to any applicable law.
- No joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and RentMyAnything.Com as a result of these Terms or your use of the RentMyAnything.Com Platform.
15. Renter/Buyer Rules
Before becoming a Renter/Buyer on RentMyAnything.Com please read these rules (“Renter/Buyer Rules”) before using the RentMyAnything.Com platform. By using RentMyAnything.Com you agree to the Renter/Buyer Rules in addition to the Terms of Service. RentMyAnything.Com is a platform to connect Renter/Buyers, who are looking for a product to rent or a service to use, to Owner/Sellers who are willing to offer these products or services. RentMyAnything.Com is an intermediary for the transaction of a Renter/Buyer renting a product or service from an Owner/Seller. You acknowledge that you are not renting from RentMyAnything.Com and we are not responsible for the acts of omissions of either the Owner/Seller or the Renter/Buyer in relation to the transaction. We do not guarantee or endorse any items or services booked through RentMyAnything.Com or any content posted by the Owner/Sellers
- All communication between Renter/Buyers and Owner/Sellers should only be done through the RentMyAnything.Com platform.
- As a Renter/Buyer, you agree to use the communication tool of the RentMyAnything.Com platform between yourself and any other User strictly for the purpose of communication regarding an item or service of interest. Failure to do so may result in suspension or removal of your RentMyAnything.Com account.
- Contact RentMyAnything.Com at support@RentMyAnything.Com.com for any further questions.
- Renting an Item
- Renter/Buyers may submit a request and appropriate communication containing questions, comments, or requests through RentMyAnything.Com. A submission for a request is not a guarantee that the item or service will be available.
- Renter/Buyers are granted a limited license to borrow and/or use the item or service agreed upon by you and the Owner/Seller. This extends through the duration of the agreed rental period.
- You agree to use the item or service for its intended purpose only. If necessary, educate yourself on proper care and handling of said item or service.
- See additional liability outlined in sections 10 and 11.
- Renter/Buyers assume full responsibility of the item and waive and release RentMyAnything.Com from any claims, liability, or damages arising from their rental experience.
- Leaving a review 4.1. You agree to leave reviews that provide accurate representation of the item or service. Misinformation, misrepresentation, or defamatory language may be cause for removal from the RentMyAnything.Com platform and could potentially lead to legal action.
16. Owner/Seller rules
Before becoming an Owner/Seller on RentMyAnything.Com please read these rules (“Owner/Seller Rules”) before using the RentMyAnything.Com platform. By using RentMyAnything.Com you agree to the Owner/Seller Rules in addition to the Terms of Service. RentMyAnything.Com is a platform to connect Renter/Buyers, who are looking for a product to rent or a service to use, to Owner/Sellers who are willing to offer these products or services. RentMyAnything.Com is an intermediary for the transaction of a Renter/Buyer renting a product or service from an Owner/Seller. You acknowledge that you are lending to a Renter/Buyer and not to RentMyAnything.Com and we are not responsible for the acts of omissions of either the Owner/Seller or the Renter/Buyer in relation to the transaction. While we strive to provide a secure transaction and experience, we do not guarantee or endorse any Renter/Buyers or other Users.
- All communication between Renter/Buyers and Owner/Sellers should only be done through the RentMyAnything.Com platform.
- As an Owner/Seller, you agree to use the communication tool of the RentMyAnything.Com platform only between yourself and any other User strictly for the purpose of communication regarding an item or service of interest. Failure to do so may result in suspension or removal of your RentMyAnything.Com account.
- You agree not to contact other Owner/Sellers through the RentMyAnything.Com communication tool with the intent to solicit your own products and/or goods.
- Renting Out an Item
- All requests have 48 hours to be completed by the Owner/Seller before the request is marked as expired.
- As an Owner/Seller you agree to not list any items prohibited by our terms.
- Prohibited items
- Illegal items or items promoting illegal activity
- Copyright, Trademark, or Intellectual Property violations of others.
- Pornography and mature content, or items featuring pornography or mature content, or items used for mature purposes.
- Broken, damaged, unsafe, or unclean items.
- RentMyAnything.Com reserves the right to update the list of prohibited iems at any time for any reason.
- RentMyAnything.Com reserves the right to remove items from the website that are prohibted at any time. RentMyAnything.Com also reserves the right to remove items from the site at any time or any or no reason, whether or not they are listed in the list of prohibited items.
- You are granting a limited license to borrow and/or use the item or service agreed upon by you and the Renter/Buyer. This extends through the duration of the agreed rental period.
- By engaging in this transaction, you confirm that you have all necessary licenses and rights of Owner/Sellership to do so.
- You may require a deposit before lending out your item. The deposit cannot exceed the fair market value of your item.
- You acknowledge that there is risk in renting your items or services to others. While RentMyAnything.Com does its best to ensure a seamless and safe process, the transaction being entered into is between you (the Owner/Seller) and the Renter/Buyer. You recognize that RentMyAnything.Com is not a party in this transaction and release RentMyAnything.Com from all liability and, claims, or damages that result from such interactions.
- Leaving a review
- You agree to leave reviews that provide accurate representation of your experience with the Renter/Buyer. Misinformation, misrepresentation, or defamatory language may be cause for removal from the RentMyAnything.Com platform and could potentially lead to legal action.
- See section 10.1 for guaranteed coverage on applicable items.
- RentMyAnything.Com will not make any payment for damages resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear, occurring from normal and proper use of the item, while functionality remains intact.
- Damage caused by previous incidents of damage (meaning those that occurred before the rental period).
- Inherent defects, including but not limited to: defects resulting from humidity, oxidation, corrosion, extreme heat, or other natural causes.
- Damage resulting from previous alteration including damage as a result of faulty work or defective parts.
- Damage that cannot be proven to have occurred during the rental period.
- Other damages as laid out in section 10.
- Before contacting RentMyAnything.Com, the Owner/Seller must:
- Reasonably attempt to fulfill any other warranty that exists on the item.
- Contact their insurance provider (For those items that the Owner/Seller has insured under another entity) and file an insurance claim with said provider.
- RentMyAnything.Com will review each case to determine eligibility for the guarantee. The following requirements must be met for RentMyAnything.Com to review.
- Provide an itemized list of the items missing and/or damaged.
- The Owner/Seller must submit a request for the warranty within 24 hours after receiving the item.
- The Owner/Seller must provide reasonable evidence that the item has been damaged during the rental period. i.e. pictures and/or videos of the item working and/or in good condition and pictures and/or videos of the damage to the item 24 hours after the item has been returned.
- The Owner/Seller must provide proof of purchase and the estimated value of the item. The estimated value must be reasonably close to the actual value, as shown in proof of purchase, and does not guarantee the valuation by RentMyAnything.Com.
- Assist RentMyAnything.Com however possible, so we can ensure the best solution.
- When it is necessary, report theft to the police, then obtain the crime reference number from them.
17. No Warranty
- Use of the RentMyAnything.Com service is “as is” and does not offer a warranty for any item or service provided by RentMyAnything.Com, whether explicitly stated or implied, to the maximum extent of the law.
- Use of the site and the app are at the User’s risk, and the User assumes sole responsibility for any damage or loss of data resulting from the use of any RentMyAnything.Com services.
- In the event that a third-party link is provided or service used through the RentMyAnything.Com service, RentMyAnything.Com does not endorse or monitor such interactions. The User assumes full responsibility for third party interactions.
- Federal law, some states, and other jurisdictions may not allow limitation of certain implied warranties. The User may be exempt, so the disclaimers and agreements in this document will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Terms & Privacy
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our Website, use the RentMyAnything.Com platform and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the Services that you use including for example, your name, address, email address, telephone number or financial information;
- additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party Services;
- information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from RentMyAnything.Com, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log * information; and information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
- information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us; and information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device.
- Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
1. How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information (see above) for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our Services and Customer Support by means of e-mail or telephone;
- to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, fraud and security breaches and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to personalize, measure and improve our Services, content and ads;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information.
- Sharing information with and registration on social media sites: We may offer sign-on Services that enable you to access the Website or related websites with your login credentials. We can also offer Services that enable you to share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
- service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our Services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of RentMyAnything.Com.
- certain third parties (such as intellectual property rights holders, supervisory authorities, tax authorities, police and other regulatory authorities)
- to comply with legal obligations or a court order; or
- if this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
- if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
- other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via [same as above], e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
- companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a reorganization or that acquire us;
- an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover – in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties – not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure (i) is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), for the purpose of obtaining legal advice or is necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights, (ii) is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders, or the assessment or collection of tax, (iii) is requested by a body that performs public regulatory functions.
Information you share on RentMyAnything.Com: Our Website allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our Website also enables you to directly contact a buyer or seller, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our Website and therefore we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
In case you visit our Website from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, we strongly recommend that you log off after each session. If you do not want the shared computer to remember you and/or your credentials, you will need to remove cookies and/or the history of your website visits.
2. Marketing purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalized or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding products or Services offered by RentMyAnything.Com. We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our Services and functionalities. When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your RentMyAnything.Com account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
4. Accessing, Reviewing and changing your personal information
We cannot modify your personal information or account information. You can modify your own information by logging into your RentMyAnything.Com account, or contacting us directly. If you want to close your account (where applicable) with us, please send us a request. We will process your request within a reasonable period of time and process your personal information in accordance with applicable law. Alternatively, you can also contact Customer Support to access your personal information stored by us that is not directly accessible on RentMyAnything.Com. We may charge a fee to compensate costs; however, the fee shall not exceed the amount permitted by law. If your information is factually incorrect or incomplete or irrelevant for the purposes for which we process your information, you can request us to modify or delete your information.
5. Protect and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us through the Contact Form.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
6. Other information
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications (“spam”): We do not tolerate abuse of our Website. You do not have permission to add other RentMyAnything.Com customers to your mailing list (e-mail or postal) for commercial purposes, even if a user has rented something from you, unless the user has given his explicit consent.
7. It is not allowed to use our member-to-member communication resources to send spam or content that violates our Terms of Service any other way. For your security, we may scan messages automatically and check for spam, viruses, phishing and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content. We do not permanently store messages sent through these resources.